WSQ Certificate In Workplace Safety And Health
The objective of this qualification is to provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to work in the WSH industry. Participants of this course will gain the knowledge and skills for fulfilling the role of a representative of an organisation in accordance with the WDA- WSH level A competency-based training programme. Upon completion of this course, learners will:
- Able to recognise common hazards at workplaces
- Able to recognise the relevant legal and other requirements applicable to the workplace
- Able to implement system management systems at workplace
- Able to understand WSH culture, human errors and assist management in the promotion of WSH culture
- Communicate and Relate Effectively at the Workplace
- Identify Hazards and Maintain Risk Control Measures
- Support WSH Legal Compliance and Incident Reporting
- Solve Problems & Make Decisions at Operations Level
- Participate in Implementing WSH Management Process
- Check and Report Outcome of WSH Inspection
WHO should attend?
This programme is designed for individuals or worker level with assigned responsibilities as representative or leaders among the workers. An individual who has little or no WSH background knowledge and skills should attend. The unit is also relevant for small businesses operations and self-employed people or individual who are interested in implementing WSH programmes or in WSH Careers.
All participants will be awarded with Certificate in WSH upon meeting 75% of the required course attendance for each module and assessed to be competent.
WDA Financial Assistance Scheme top
This programme is supported by WDA with a 70% course fee grant. The grant will only be available to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents. WDA reserves the right to claim back 70% of the course fee from the participant/sponsoring company in the event if the participant fails to achieve 75% attendance per module or pass the course.
All Applicants must possess ALL following minimum qualifications in order to enrol in the course:
- Possess Employability Skills System (ESS) Workplace Literacy OR GCE “N” Level English grade 5
- Possess ES Workplace Numeracy Level 5 OR GCE “N” Level Maths grade 5
- A recognised diploma OR degree
- At least 1 year of WSH relevant working experience
Each CU will be assessed individually upon completion of per competency unit through a combination of written assignments, case studies, oral interviews or written projects. All participants must achieve at least 75% physical attendance per module to be eligible for the assessment.
Duration: 3 months
Frequency: Tuesday and Thursday (6.30pm to 10.30pm), Occasionally Saturday (9am to 6pm)
Venue: 167 Jalan Bukit Merah Tower 5, #02-13 Singapore 150167
Fee: S$3220.70 or S$322.10 with Grant* (Fee with GST)
*Applicable for Mid-career Enhancement scheme for Singaporean age 40 and above
All interested participants are to send in all documents as stated below:
- Completed Application form
- 1 copy of NRIC/passport/Employment Pass
- Copies of all academic certificate or any certificate of proficiency
- Company stamp is required for all sponsored participants.
|Date||Tue. 6 Feb, 2018|