How do you prevent Work at Height accidents arising from the use of MEWP?
With the increase in the use of the Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) in the workplace, companies that use MEWPs need to know what their management responsibilities and legal requirements are. The improper use of MEWPs can give rise to serious injuries and even fatalities.
Under Section 12 of the Workplace Safety and Health Act (WSHA), employers are required to ensure the safety and health of their employees. With the increasing use of MEWPs in industries, employers with MEWPs in their operations need to pay more attention to the safety of both their people and the efficacy of their machines. These would include appropriate and adequate training of the operators, regular maintenance of the MEWPs, and having good safety procedures and practices when working at height with these machines.
The IPAF MEWPs for Manager course aims to equip learners with the skills and knowledge required to manage working at height and the use of MEWPs. Participants will learn to prepare and co-ordinate operations involving their MEWPs in accordance with safety and legal requirements. They will also learn how to instruct a supervisor/manager on what is required to comply with audit checks.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- aware of current legislation
- able to select and use the correct harness
- able to identify misuse and abuse of MEWPs
- aware of potential behavior and supervisory needs
- aware of the importance of correct machine selection
- able to identify operator daily inspection requirements
- aware of hiring terms & conditions for Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs)
- more knowledgeable and aware of the risks as well as safe use and operation of MEWPs
- learning of the different types and classifications of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs)
Who should attend
Supervisors, Managers, WSH Professionals, Owners and Operators of MEWPs.
All participants who successfully pass the written assessment at the end of the course will be awarded certificate of completion by IPAF and SISO.
Hansen Ng has 9 years’ of experience in the access industry in various roles, including operation executive, operation manager and IPAF instructor. With immense experience gained over the years by working at different levels and different departments, he is thoroughly capable of increasing the efficiency of the operations of the organization.
26 February 2016
10 June 2016
9 September 2016
9 December 2016
9.00am- 6.00pm (Inclusive of lunch time of 1 hour)
BS Technology Pte Ltd
6 Tuas Avenue 5
CPD Points: 7 SDUs
SISO Member: S$450.00*
*Fee includes GST, lunch and refreshments