"Emotional intelligence is the largest single predictor of success in the workplace. It is the ability to manage one's feelings so that they are expressed appropriately and effectively, enabling people to work together smoothly toward their common goals." Daniel Goleman, Author of Emotional Intelligence, New York Times Best Seller
This workshop will help WSH professionals to apply Emotional Intelligence principles to analyze and manage self and others. Learners will acquire awareness of the environment, express empathy and guide others. They will also learn to uphold integrity and build bonds with the stakeholders in their organizations. In addition, the learners will learn techniques of developing their capacities to stay optimistic, resilient and motivated in the face of adversity. It will allow them to assess an individual's level of Emotional Intelligence in one's dealings and relationships and adapt to changes, thus building a better career and live a more fulfilling life.
On completion of this course, learners will have the knowledge and application skills to:
- Maintain resilience in pursuing goals despite obstacles and setbacks.
- Anticipate, recognize and understand others' feelings and perspectives.
- Manage one's emotions and impulses so that they are expressed appropriately.
- Take responsibility and accountability for the pursuit of performance excellence.
- Recognize and understand one's emotions, and their effects and impacts on others.
- Identify one's strengths and adopt strategies to build on them to facilitate the accomplishment of professional goals.
- Identify one's weaknesses and adopt strategies to overcome them in order to facilitate the accomplishment of professional goals.
- Apply techniques to build trust and develop bonding with co-workers to accomplish team goals.
Who should attend
WSH Professionals, Managers, Advisors, HSE Engineers, Executives and Specialists
Mr William Heng is a Career Coach cum Adult Educator committed to helping people to build better careers and live better lives. In the past 7 years, he has facilitated successfully in both English and Mandarin for a range of Workforce Skills Qualification programmes, including Emotional Intelligence. Mr William Heng is a Certified Practitioner of NLP and Certified Behavioural & Career Consultant / Certified administrator of DISC. His latest achievements include, successfully obtaining a Master of Training and Development (MTD) from Griffith University in December 2013 and the WSQ Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education (DACE) in May 2014.
7 September 2016
1 December 2016
9.00am- 5.00pm (Inclusive of lunch time of 1 hour)
Singapore Institution of Safety Officers
167 Jalan Bukit Merah,
#02-13 Connection One,
Tower 5, Singapore 150167
CPD Points: 7 SDUs
SISO Member: S$195.00*
*Fees include GST, light refreshments and training materials